Monday, February 25, 2013

Fizzing scented sidewalk paint for kids

We love to paint and mix science in with the fun things we do.  We had a nice day to play a little outside so I whipped up some fun scented sidewalk paint.

I mixed baking soda, dish soap, kool-aid and very little water together to make our paint. You can make it with corn starch instead of dish soap, but I found it to harden up if it sat for a period of time.

I didn't measure the amounts just placed baking soda, dish soap and water in a bowl. Then when I placed the mixture in the muffin pan I added the kool-aid.

Then place vinegar in a spray bottle and after the kids paint the sidewalk a little give them the spray bottle to make the paint fizz.













This is a super fun and inexpensive outside activity to do with the kids on a nice day. 



Thanks for stopping by to see what fun stuff we are doing. Be sure to come follow us on

Artikel Terkait


EmoticonEmoticon