Monday, November 5, 2012

21 Days of Gratitude......Thankful for Meme

We are doing the 21 Days of Gratitude with the kids this year, since our son is at the age to start understanding to be thankful for things and people.

So asking "J" today what he is thankful for he said my meme, and I started to get tears in my eyes. As you read below you will see and couldn't even imagine having to explain to my kids something could have happened. God is an awesome God!!





In June 2012 we were visiting my Mom in Fl and she wasn't feeling too good. She went to the doctors and had an abnormal EKG, so her PCP sent her to a Cardiologist asap. They ran test after test and came back she had a weak heart, along with her heart not working like it should.

Then the doctor wanted to run one more test and when he was doing the test my mom's heart almost stopped. They rushed her to the ER and she had to have a pacemaker put in.

This was the hardest thing for me cause we had already went home to Va. She was in the hospital for couple days. I wanted to get on the plane and go to the hospital and all she wanted me to do is stay with my kids and keep them safe.

She knew my son would worry and she didn't really want him to know she had to have surgery.



My mom is my best friend and we are VERY close. She is also very close to my son who is 4yrs old and now has a bond with my daughter(2yrs) that is amazing as well.

As it comes into that season of being thankful remember that life is short, we are here today and can be gone tomorrow. My world would be so different without my Mom right now.

So I want to say God thank you for blessing us with my mom still here and let us all take the time to be thankful for our family and friends. Even when there is hard times, between each other.




Be sure to visit Inspired by Family Magazine to see what other great bloggers will be sharing what they are Thankful for and how you can connect to the 21 days of Gratitude.
Thanks for stopping by to see what fun stuff we are doing. If you like what you see please come and follow us over on FB and Pinterest, would love to have you. Also, please feel free to share the fun things you are doing with us.

Artikel Terkait


EmoticonEmoticon